Family Visits Offer a Unique Holiday Hangover
by Steve Emmer, MSWEvery year, shortly after the holidays, care consultants nationwide receive a barrage of phone calls from people concerned about elders in their families. I’ve come to view this as the Caregiving Family Holiday Hangover Syndrome. READ MORE
Our consultants offer geriatric care management, working with elders and their families to plan and coordinate care options. We also serve many adults with traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis and other chronic conditions.
We help families by:
- Evaluating care needs, implementing and monitoring services
- Enabling elders and adults with disabilities to remain safely in their homes
- Recommending and facilitating a move to an appropriate care setting if staying at home is no longer a viable option
- Guiding families through application and qualification for Medicaid services when private funds are dwindling
We can also serve as an ongoing liaison between family members and multiple service providers related to:
- Health care
- In-home services
- Legal assistance
- Financial services
- Adult day programs
Our professional relationships cover the spectrum of long term care. We work with:
- Elder Law Attorneys
- Home Health/Home Care Providers
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Adult Family Homes
- Retirement Homes/Assisted Living Facilities
We consult according to need – ranging from a single session to ongoing involvement and monitoring of a care plan. Our services are provided on a private-pay, fee-for-service basis; Full Life Care Consultation does not receive any compensation from the providers we recommend to our clients.
Director of Care Consultation
Lisa has worked at Full Life since 1990. She has specialized in providing respectful care to people with dementia. She has also managed a team of professionals in the fields of nursing, social work, rehabilitation and case management.
To find out more, call us at (206) 224-3768.